Saturday, February 16, 2013

Finally in ketosis!

Well. It's day 4 of the PSMF. My muscles are crying in pain. I feel better when I move around, though. I'm not sure if it's lack of magnesium or carbs, but damn. Thankfully my body is producing "moderate" ketones. This means that I am eating well and following the diet plan! I can have deli roast beef or turkey! I think I will treat myself to an unwich from Jimmy John's for dinner :)



So far things haven't been too bad. I haven't been very hungry at all, and I'm beginning to learn when I'm actually hungry. I've actually needed to force myself to eat. I also need to take a LOT of supplements (see left). There's 5 fiber capsules, a potassium pill, a multivitamin, my antidepressant, biotin, and a calcium pill. At night, it's the same thing (minus the antidepressant and biotin and plus a magnesium pill). I'm thinking I'm about adding some fish oil as well. I  should probably pick some up this weekend. I make a bouillon cube for salt intake, too, since that's one of those essential nutrients.

It isn't *too* difficult, which I think is good. I read that you also can't just STOP the PSMF, either, because you can throw your electrolytes out of whack and you can end up in the hospital. NO THANKS.

I have a good feeling about this, although I think it will get tiring after a while. It's pretty damn boring. I'll have to need to learn to use spices and stuff. I've been physically but not mentally tired, which has been a bit of a conundrum. I want to DO stuff, but my body sort of won't let me. Lame. I have a dance lesson later and I'm hope that moving around helps me. I am going to take a nap first. I actually had a long post planned, but I'm tired! I hope that I also get more energy soon, this is killer.

Expect another post either later today or tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment