Sunday, February 3, 2013

A recap...

Ok, I promise I didn't die! Work has been killer. School hasn't been killer, just time consuming. Let me give you a recap...

In the first week, I lost 7.2 lbs! Whoo-hoo! My headaches pretty much went away after the first few days (day 4 or 5 or so). The biggest adjustment for me was cooking. Like, lots of cooking (which also means lots of dishes, gross). My husband can tell you that I'm really not the best cook, even when following a recipe. However, we've found a few of the recipes that we really liked (roasted root medley, anyone?) and are going to keep making when the Reset is over. I also renewed my love for quinoa and lentils. I feel absolutely amazing and really do have more energy. I went to a tea last weekend and thought my body would be able to handle a few finger foods...WRONG. I felt pretty sick afterwards. I'm not sure if it was the wheat, soy, sugar, or what, but damn. I also felt my blood pressure skyrocket. I felt a little better after I took a Tums to settle my tummy.

Week 2 hasn't been too bad. I think I'm getting used to this! It was also "THAT TIME" of the month so my cravings increased a little...I wanted lots of chocolate and cheese. I had a single bit of feta (one of my favorites). Go me! There were a couple of meals this week I wasn't a big fan of, but by far my favorite was the roasted red pepper and sweet potato soup. MMMMMM. My headaches are gone, and my body is getting used to the Detox supplement. The first few times I took it, it made my stomach hurt, but now it's fine. The Alkalinize is getting easier to choke down, but it's still disgusting. My pants are also fitting a little bit better and I'm starting to get more prominent cheek and collar bones. I'm super excited to see what Week 3 will bring. I have more energy in the morning and am able to say words to my husband instead of just grunting at him when I first wake up. I sleep WAY better, too. In general I've always been a good sleeper, but damn. I wake up in the same position I fall asleep in now. Less tossing and turning.

Also, this is the big one for me: no caffeine, alcohol, fried foods, or baked goods (minus the few I had at the tea) in TWELVE DAYS. This may be a record for me. I have saved so much money by staying in...money that I am saving for rewards and also for our baby fund! I did stop and get a tea (green, because it's my fave...with peppermint at a close second, no sweeteners) at Starbucks a few times, but I didn't need it. Mostly I wanted it because it's been freezing here lately.

I think I'm finally getting the hang of this willpower and dedication thing. My coach, Amanda, actually pointed it out to me. The fact that I was able to take a SINGLE BITE OF CHEESE (and seriously, who can do that?) and resist the baked goods that were such a staple in my life...could this mean that I am getting the semblance of willpower?

I don't think that I can go back to my "old" life. I love how I feel. My mind is clearer. My mood has been going up and down, but it does that anyone. Overall though I think I'm happier with myself. I have been practicing clean eating...and it's delicious! I'm already thinking about how I can continue this when the Reset is over. I will still need to do the eating plan my dietician put me on to lose weight quickly (hellooooo, chicken and tuna) but I'm thinking long-term here. I'm already trying to figure out which one of my exercise programs I'm going to start afterwards, too (probably Rockin' Body). I need to get in shape so I can participate in the Climb to Conquer Cancer this August, in memory of my husband's beautiful aunt. I'll talk more about it as it comes closer, but let's just say that it involves a mountain that's 7,000+ feet above sea level and lots of walking.

Dearest reader...readers? I know I have at LEAST one (hi mom!), it is time for me to sign off and finish watching the Superbowl. I hope you're all doing well on your health journeys!

No comments:

Post a Comment