Thursday, January 24, 2013

Day 2: Headaches!

DEAR LORD THE HEADACHES.

Now, I am not sure if it's from the UR or the disgusting weather or sinus pressure or PMS but I thought I was going to die early today. My head hurt SO bad. I hadn't gotten a headache like this in quite a while. I tried to stave it off with lots of water but that didn't help. When it moved to the left side of my head I knew it would turn into a migraine if I didn't do something about it. I ended up needing to take a Tylenol and then about 6 hours later 2 Excedrin migraine. I think the headache is gone now and hopefully won't come back. I tried my hardest not to take medicine, since you're not supposed to while doing the Reset, but for me, it would have made things MUCH worse. Working in an elementary school was also not much of a help. I found myself getting very frustrated earlier in the day, particularly with one client who did expressly everything I told her not to do. Therefore, when she stapled her OWN FINGER I was a little less than sympathetic.

The stretch between breakfast and lunch was made a LITTLE easier today. I had some ShakeO for breakfast (vegan strawberry...pretty good, but honestly a bit too sweet for me, but I did enjoy it) and some blueberries. I was planning on having the oatmeal and yogurt but guess who overslept for an HOUR? That's right, this girl. I also had to drive my husband to work and make a 10 am meeting, so...breakfast on the go it was. I started getting hungry around 11:30 but needed to do some work, so I put off eating til around 12:30. I actually messed my supplements up (OOPS. Forgot halfway through the meal to take the Optimize and didn't finish my Mineralize/Oxygenize in my water, so I did afterwards) but I'm hoping that didn't mess me up too badly. I just got so hungry I started shaking, and I've been known to just pass out if my blood sugar gets TOO low. Lunch was yummy and I was pretty full by the end of it.

Because I felt so crappy I scrapped my plan to go to the office and do paperwork and came home to nap instead. I took my afternoon supplements (the Alkalize was NOT any easier today) and crashed for a few hours. The black beans and rice for dinner was delish, mostly because I LOVE guacamole. I gave myself a little extra rice and guac but ended up not being able to finish the whole plate (that was a LOT of food...I was SO full) so I ended up with the amount written in the book anyway. My husband also enjoyed the meal, only he ate more of everything (he's not doing the Reset with me, just eating the food). I made tomorrow's lunch (mmm, lentils) and now am just trying to motivate into bed. I got a second wind, which...sucks, frankly, at 12 am. I did notice I had a little more "pep in my step" this morning though. I'm not sure my husband would agree with that, but I actually managed words and not grunts this morning.

The muscle aches and coldness were better today. I'm not sure if it's because I slept really well and rested my muscles, and put on a copious amount of layers...or if it was a fluke. It's still cold as balls here, so I'm going with fluke. However the school I was in today was kind enough to give me a room that had a working heater, so that was nice.

I'm concerned that I'm not eating enough calories and don't feel full, but then again - is this the right amount for me and I don't know it because I was overeating for so long? I can't tell yet.

I'm trying to psych myself up for the weekend. I really need to stay on track since that's the hardest for me. I may go to the gym and do an easy walk on the treadmill for a bit, just to get moving. We'll see.

Now, bedtime!

No comments:

Post a Comment